There's a Last.FM collage generator at http://tapmusic.net/ which is
good and fine (and I donated money to them as well). But I wanted to
self-host, get a little more experience with REST APIs (even if it's
with CURL) and imagemagick, so I'm aiming to recreate it here with bash
and formatted the way I want it.
This implies that you're going to have some way to post to social media
automagically like ttytter (or the project that's replaced it).
* last.fm account (duh) and [API key](https://www.last.fm/api)
* [simple_placeholder_images](https://github.com/uriel1998/simple_placeholder_images) to deal with missing album covers
* [vindauga](https://github.com/uriel1998/vindauga) cache used if last.fm fails
Make sure you get a last.fm API key. :)
Create lastfm_collage.rc in $HOME/.config with these lines (in order!)
Then run the script!
* Have the script use vindauga first
* See if there's a better way to get play counts instead of relying on last.fm