#searchraw - a surfraw launcher for openbox
I like [surfraw](http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org/). It's a command line tool that helps you search the web quite well - but I often *forget* exactly how much power and utility is there. And since I'm usually in a graphical environment, I waste time running about and not using this amazing tool.
Add to that fact that there are a **TON** of helpers (or elvi) - full list [here](http://surfraw.alioth.debian.org/#usage) - and I frequently forgot when there would be a useful one.
## Credits, blame, etc
* By Steven Saus, licensed under the MIT license
* [Base from openbox_playonlinux_pipemenu by Ryan Fantus](https://github.com/ryanfantus/openbox_playonlinux_pipemenu)
* Call this script by itself to generate an openbox menu with all elvi that are on the system and to search them with a popup text box.
* Call with -d to pop up (optional) few elvi to use, or to use the default, and search with a popup text box.
* Call with -d and an elvi to pop up a text box to search.
* [Openbox](http://openbox.org/wiki/Main_Page) (Sort of. This is way overblown if you're not using OB.)
* [zenity](https://help.gnome.org/users/zenity/stable/) or a replacement like [matedialog](https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-dialogs) or [wenity](http://freecode.com/projects/wenity).
There are three variables that need to be changed in the script. Sane defaults are provided (as in the example below).
* Default elvii.
* Do you want a popup if no elvii are specified?
* What elvii should be presented in the Zenity combobox? These should be in a single line, space separated. DO NOT INCLUDE THE DEFAULT ELVII HERE unless you want repeats.
custom_elvii="scholar stack github wayback wikipedia"
# Openbox Configuration
Obviously, edit the path names as appropriate.
<item label="search"><action name="execute"><execute>/home/USERNAME/scripts/openbox/searchraw -d</execute></action></item>
<menu execute="/home/USERNAME/scripts/openbox/searchraw" id="searchraw" label="searchraw"/>
###Showing selected elvi
### Entering search text
###Showing Generated OB Menu
![Showing OB Menu](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/uriel1998/surfraw_ob/master/elvi_list.png)